One of my friend asked me, Do you know how to do configuration of Cisco PIX and how to configure PPPoE.
I researched on it and wanted to share little bit, This article will helps network guy not software developer 🙂
What Does a PIX Do?
The PIX is a firewall appliance based on a hardened, specially built operating system, PIX OS, minimizing possible OS-specific security holes. The PIX has received ICSA Firewall and IPsec certification as well as Common Criteria EAL4 evaluation status.
PIX firewalls provide a wide range of security and networking services including:
- Network Address Translation (NAT) or Port Address Translation (PAT)
- content filtering (Java/ActiveX)
- URL filtering
- IPsec VPN
- support for leading X.509 PKI solutions
- DHCP client/server
- PPPoE support
- advanced security services for multimedia applications and protocols including Voice over IP (VoIP), H.323, SIP, Skinny and Microsoft NetMeeting
- AAA (RADIUS/TACACS+) integration
for more details Click here